Vendor Requirement Overview
- Vendor applications are due April 15th.
- New vendor applications will be accepted throughout the market season.
- Applications must be approved to set-up at the Hillsdale County Farmers Market.
- Looking for produce, egg, meat, baked goods and artisan vendors.
- Produce grown within, or goods created in, Hillsdale and adjacent counties.
- Compliance with local and state regulations is mandatory.
- Artisan goods must undergo an evaluation prior to acceptance.
Useful Resources for New Vendors
- Ten Qualities of Successful Public Markets by David O’Neil, Projects for Public Spaces, September 30th, 2005
- Michigan Cottage Food Laws (Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development)
- Michigan Modified Food Code
- Michigan Cottage Food Labeling Requirements
- Farm and Farmers Markets by Michigan State University Extension